BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going up there this long weekend and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of productive areas on these two lakes. Maybe flies as well, so I can start tying them up. Any tips would be great.

Thanks, Markus23.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've driven passed Wood lake a million times while in the area for work, although never fished it. I have heard that the side of the lake with the train tracks running along it is reasonably good. Let me know how you make out, I've been meaning to check it out for ages.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished Kalamalka and Wood Lake Easter weekend. Had one good take on my leech pattern in Wood, and threw the fly in Cousins Bay in Kalamalka lake for surfacing trout but not one hook up. I will be going up this weekend to fish Oyama, Kal and Wood lakes. My wife's family has a cabin on Kal lake...great for water sports but the fishing is suspect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fished Wood this past Monday with my 5 year old son. Trolled a few flies with no luck but he/we got a nice little pound and a half'er Kokanee on the typical gear (willow leaf, wedding band, maggot) as well as losing a few. Nice way for him to start the year. Now we just gotta figure out what lakes are accessible and get up for some trout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts