BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
True
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my good friends,

Well it seems that I will go ahead with spey style of fishing and as any other crazed fan i will need another spey rod. The one I already have is a 7 Wt St.Croix and that is for light spey and some steelheading. However i will obviously need something for Salmon and heavy fish like 9 Wt or even 9/10.

I have found privately extremely affordable blank from Winston called IBIS, I think.

I did read about it but I need some personal experience and something someone has gone through with this rod. I know irt will be difficult but I just have to try.
I mean I would love a Meiser or Clan but who can dish 900.oo dollars for that. I would have to divorce beforehand.
If you can help with some input or if you know someone who can please let me know.
As always thank you.\

P.S. Strange that I have not seen any of these in our local shops ever. That frightens me a little Winston is a good Co., but I never heard of "IBIS" line and I have heard of every rod in this beautiful world, I tell you.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Hello my good friends,

Well it seems that I will go ahead with spey style of fishing and as any other crazed fan i will need another spey rod. The one I already have is a 7 Wt St.Croix and that is for light spey and some steelheading. However i will obviously need something for Salmon and heavy fish like 9 Wt or even 9/10.

I have found privately extremely affordable blank from Winston called IBIS, I think.

I did read about it but I need some personal experience and something someone has gone through with this rod. I know irt will be difficult but I just have to try.
I mean I would love a Meiser or Clan but who can dish 900.oo dollars for that. I would have to divorce beforehand.
If you can help with some input or if you know someone who can please let me know.
As always thank you.\

P.S. Strange that I have not seen any of these in our local shops ever. That frightens me a little Winston is a good Co., but I never heard of "IBIS" line and I have heard of every rod in this beautiful world, I tell you.
About 10 years ago Winston participated in a Spey project we were undertaking to see where North AMerican Spey interest did lay...they at that time were very unsure of where they were going with this new interest...and soon after discontinued that series.That series is a very soft and traditional rod,almost like the Lamigals at the time.These purple rods are good Skagit rods ,although Skagit was not yet on the market so we had to make our own creations that worked for us. I like the smaller rod and the 14' version is also a very nice tool...but if you are looking for a fast rod don't go there....the quality is good. Some things do come around again!When you load these rods try to keep within the allotted recomendations...they like a lighter set-up line match and are very smooth...wait for the re-loading you will like it..C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.