BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody,

my name is thomas and im from germany!

from feb. 2010 im gonna stay in vancouver till mai.

i will stay specially in the region of north vancouver.

what posibillitys do i have there? im bringing my loop multi 5 and 8.....

:peace:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fishing opportunities around North Vancouver.

Hello Thomas,
There are a number of angling opportunities around the North Vancouver area. If transportation is an issue, the closest places that pop into my head immediately would be the Capilano River, the Seymour River, and Rice lake. The Capilano and Seymour Rivers could contain steelhead at the time of your visit, and the "Cap" is also known to have an early run of coho in May.
Rice Lake is a stocked lake in the Seymour demonstration forest and has Rainbow trout.
If you have access to a vehicle then the opportunities are limitless. There are over 200 lakes that can be fished between Whistler and Hope. As well, there are many, many river systems to explore. Some rivers that come to mind, in addition to the ones already mentioned, are the Squamish, the Chilliwack/ Vedder, the Stave, and the Chehalis.
Keep in mind the time of year, as some of the higher elevation lakes may have ice on them, and if not, the colder temperatures would make the fish sluggish to say the least.
The sport fishing regulations should also be consulted to determine whether there are any area closures or special restrictions on any body of water one is planning on fishing.
So you see there is lots to think about. If you have Google Earth, then have a look at the area and you will be amazed at the possibilities.

Looking forward to your visit,

Cliff.

PS. I'm sure there are a number of members that may be able to get out for a day of fishing, myself included.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey cliff,

thank you very much for youre detailed answer.

im sorry for beeing late!:) but i was pretty busiy during the last days.

i think i will get back to you if i am in vancouver!

we talk again then, perhaps we can get some fish on.....i cant wait...

greetings from rainy germany!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is the Seymour very productive, or is it fairly hit and miss? I'm in North Vancouver and like the idea of a place nice and close to try my luck.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Good luck on the mainland there guys. OLDBOY, you might also want to consider taking a few days to go fish on Vancouver Island. If you take the ferry from West Vancouver (Horse Shoe Bay) to Nanaimo, you will find many rivers with both searun and resident trout. Perhaps the Cowichan river would be well worth your time as it has a flyfishing only section that is somewhat legendary and relatively easy to access and fish without a guide. Your selection or rods should be ideal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you've got the time and $ I'd give the Pitt River a go. I've sent a couple fishing buddies up there and they've really enjoyed it. Enjoy your stay!

·
Esteban was Eaten!
338 Posts
Hi, OLDBOY.

If you don't link up with the members of this board, then be sure to remember that you need to buy a license for the time you'll be here and check the regulations for any of the rivers/lakes you intend to fish.

Wouldn't want your visit to turn south on you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wouldn't want your visit to turn south on you.
"Turn south" in this context means to turn out badly. I'm a teacher and I sometimes work with students who speak English as a second language, so I know that idioms and slang are the toughest things to learn. Oldboy, if you plan to visit the city of Chilliwack (about 1.5 hours east of North Vancouver), send me a message. There are opportunities for Steelhead in the Vedder/Chilliwack River and Cutthroat Trout in the Fraser River.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts