BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you probably tie your own flies but if you're like me and have zero hand eye coordination we have to buy our flies. What are your favourite places to buy your flies? Preferably an online store which will ship throughout BC and in bulk is always nice as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
michael and young will ship out flies from surrey. I know they supply guides up north with a large varity.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
There's a member here who I think currently or formerly lived up Tunkwa way - he's got trout dialed it that's what you're after. Not sure if he does shipped orders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Flyguys have some killer flies that should actually be banned they work so well..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't you think most of these cheap flies for sale at retailers and online come from the same sweat shop sources?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Quite possible. Actually, highly likely. The difference is brick and mortar retailers have a higher overhead to pay for than online suppliers, hence why online retail is an expanding market offering the same products for cheaper.

Personally 95% of my shopping is done online. That said, I do like to support the smaller tackle shops that provide good service. Unfortunately, none exist here in GP. The only shop here that sells flies is Wholesale Sports and they have piss poor selection and want nearly $2 per fly. No thanks. When I'm in Kamloops, I try to stop by the shop there and pick up some flies as well as the shop in Prince George.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is that right? It's been a few years since I stopped in Kamloops. Sorry to hear that. It was a good shop. You would think a fly shop would do very well in Kamloops. If I had the capital, I would certainly start one there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Is that right? It's been a few years since I stopped in Kamloops. Sorry to hear that. It was a good shop. You would think a fly shop would do very well in Kamloops. If I had the capital, I would certainly start one there.
I looked for it last time I was up there, and was told it had closed down. The only fly shop was WSO, and a place called "Surplus Herbie's", which has some fly stuff as well.
With all the BB stores now, in the fly shop business the only way to make a small fortune is to start with a bigger one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The original owner still has the shop in Little Fort as well as the online store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Try Hairwing530 of naff, he ties flies to support kids sick with terminal cancer. I just received my first box from him, they are a excellent quality and very cheap for what you get. I am in no way affiliated other than he is a great guy with a great cause. Ps. He is also battling brain cancer for the 2nd or 3rd time.

sent from the North Pole

·
corney
274 Posts
That sounds like a fellow that should be supported even though one ties their own bugs!

Good cause, our friend was 4 when she left us with lukemia! Terrible for the family!

not to mention that brave little girl!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

And this is the card I got from him for xmas, every order includes a gift also. Also puts together hook boxes

sent from the North Pole

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Thanks for that, it wasn't my intention to break any rules!
In this case, I wouldn't worry too much about rules. The owners of the site and their moderators should give this a pass and non mods should keep out of it. Just my take on it.

Reactions: Coastrider
1 - 20 of 26 Posts