BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys jsut curious what you all shoot for bows. i got myself a pse xforce dream season last year and shes a bute. my old man jsut got an 06 bowtech tribute. again another great reliable bow. we both love our machines as they fire pretty fricken fast. so how about you guys. what do you shoot?

·
Lurker
22 Posts
Used to shoot a Hoyt FastFlyte, til I blew my shoulder apart at work 4 years ago, then I switched to a Horton Hunter Elite (175 lb) crossbow...

The shoulder has improved quite a bit, but still can not draw it at 70 lbs without being in extreme pain.....So I just use the X-bow....First year out with it I took a 5 by 6 Bull elk...I could not have done that with a vertical bow....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Martin Jaguar, 60lbs. Shooting 2117 Easton Aluminums with 125gr. G5 Montec broadheads. Got the bow in 2001 when I was 14. Time to upgrade. Currently thinking the Matthews Reezen 7.0 or something with a little bit bigger brace height.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used to shoot a Hoyt FastFlyte, til I blew my shoulder apart at work 4 years ago, then I switched to a Horton Hunter Elite (175 lb) crossbow...

The shoulder has improved quite a bit, but still can not draw it at 70 lbs without being in extreme pain.....So I just use the X-bow....First year out with it I took a 5 by 6 Bull elk...I could not have done that with a vertical bow....

why is that. distance or equipment. elk can be taken with all of todays bows. they're killing machines. vetical bows i mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.