BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we lost a very dear and close friend personally and to all fly fishers. Tom Bird the well known and energetic X government employee and serious Fisheries biologist and advocate for fishing and fishing rights passed away suddenly from a Heart Attack...many knew Tom for his hard work and constant butting heads with powers that be to make sure we had our fishery.
He will be sadly missed and never replaced
One would never have guessed this about such an energetic and full human being.
C

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My condolences to the family C. I'll dip a fly for him tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My condolences to the family C. I'll dip a fly for him tomorrow.
He would like that...he actually lived on the Beach across from our store...Ironically. He would during the beach season be sitting near his fly rod, upon seeing jumping fish he would jump as much getting to them...
MAny would recognize Tom for his silver coloured hair stumbling along when the Courtney and Shelly show first aired...he would do a segment talking about all the great work being done and at times slag DFO...There is a great Story about Tom where he almost single handedly stopped our Wacky Bennet,long ago Premier from Damning the Fraser...can you imagine the catastrophy if there was a Damn on the Fraser!! Many would say that it was his constant barrage within the correct ranks that led to it being stopped...
Thanks for your thoughts
C

·
Registered
598 Posts
i'm sorry to hear that C. I wish i had met him. nonetheless it sounds like he was a great man and i appreciate what he's done for the sport and us.

·
Esteban was Eaten!
338 Posts
My condolences, I have to say that I have yet to meet a fisheries biologist that I didn't like...

Sounds like he was a good man. It's my loss for not having the pleasure to know him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts