BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out the last few days on the vedder...finally got a couple days to go fishing and need to know if it will be a total waste of time or not. Thanks for the info!

G

·
Saw the canal yesterday afternoon,.. it looked pretty dark and on the high side. It rained pretty good over night, so I'd say it's not the greatest time to go and swing a fly.. However Cutthroat would be a better option.

Finder;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Eric, I went and took a look today and it's pretty gray! Height wasn't issue but the color was bad enough that I never felt confident, even with the big ugly flies.
Let me know if you get out, and what you find though, I have to go thursday and hope it shapes up!
Erik

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i might search uptop tomorrow..usually better up there past most of the clay banks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't made it up there since the week before Christmas, all of the spots (8) I used to fish up there were gone! Only found 2 or 3 interesting new pieces, lots of guy's up there too. Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeh i would like to get up there too
Fish Finder where is a good bet for those cutties
If i dont get out i will have to set up my fly tying gear and get working on some flies
anyone else heading out to the Ved
I am off Tue Wed

G

·
Sorry for the late reply Britguy...You know it's all about hunting for those cuttys. They're in one local and the fishing's good one day. Then the next day they're no where to be seen. Most of the back washes of the Fraser,/harrison river will house them from one day to the next. It's just about finding the right spot on a paticular day. Without a boat sometimes a lot of gas is burned. Drop me a line.

Finder

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't made it up there since the week before Christmas, all of the spots (8) I used to fish up there were gone! Only found 2 or 3 interesting new pieces, lots of guy's up there too. Let us know what you find!
Went out yesterday...morning was ok with a little wind..backhanded casts in order..water up top(above allison pool area) was fishable. One hookup...got my heart pumping..but turned out to be a nice 25-26" dolly..
headed down river below tamahi...and the water was really dirty probably around 6" visibility...and then all hell broke loose..the wind was so strong the river looked like the current was moving up river..almost knocked me down acturally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't see you up there! What do you drive? I'm in a blue dodge with a canopy. I foul hooked a chum doe in the peck fin!! Talk about getting your heart going, had no idea there were any left in there this late? After about ten seconds I thought it was a big dollie, then another ten went by and I relized what it was. Conditions up top were way better than they have been, lot's of guy's out? Does nobody have jobs?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anything biggggggg with lots of movements..lots of marabou patterns in variety of colors.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts

I was up on the Ched yesterday.
Fished the canal first. Visibility about 14"
The run I was swinging through looked good, but was just full of wood.
I donated a few to the fish gods.
Tons of sand and silt in the bottom end. Looks like there iar only a couple of slots and the rest is pretty flat.Have to wait for the water to clear and get a good look.
Nice and clear above the clay banks. I only had a couple of hours so I didn't get to hike around and check it out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fished today.water was ok in the morning but once the rain started..anything below ranger is now mud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts