BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of a few lakes around the okanagan that are stated "walk in access only" in the regs. It really bothers me when people drive in on quads when the lake is supposed to be a walk in. It is alot of work to get a boat into these lakes and it defeats the purpose of a walk in lake when people quad in. I would like to hear others opinions on this topic.

·
Registered
209 Posts
where in the regs does it say walk in access only? if the trail is wide enough for a quad then why shouldnt they be able to ride down it? unless its a park or vehicle restricted area.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
where in the regs does it say walk in access only? if the trail is wide enough for a quad then why shouldnt they be able to ride down it? unless its a park or vehicle restricted area.
There are lakes up around Hatheume that are designated walk-in lakes and that is the only legal form of conveyance. If someone is quadding into lakes that are designated walk-in then they are breaking the law and should be reported.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
where in the regs does it say walk in access only?
Well for one, page 82. Westmere Lake "Motorized vehicle closure. Walk-in access only. See sign at trailhead."
There are others-Look them up.

what about a horse?
Well, I'd suggest you don't strap a 9.9 hp to your saddle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My recent trip to the interior illustrated to me that it is almost impossible to escape the noise of quads. I go on trips to escape the crowds and drudgery fishing pressure creates. I hiked to many lakes and the quite was shattered by the sound of chainsaws and quads. There is no escaping them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Could not agree more. It's one thing if the quad is facilitating some eventual goal or purpose (i.e. getting to some secluded lake) providing it stays on appropriate paths and roads. But how sad and lazy are you if you just tear around on the thing basking in the mud you're churning up and the hideous noise you're making?

A couple weekends ago myself and two other friends went camping at Hidden lake east of Enderby. The entire time we were there, about 3 days, we had to deal with people constantly going back and forth along the road infront of our site on their dirtbikes and quads. God knows where they were going or what they were doing but it had to have been entertaining because they did it CONSTANTLY. It got to the point where we were seriously considering laying some sort of trap.... I suggested a tiger pit.

It's just a really degenerative and ignorant mentality. Check this out, http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/94882714.html. Happened recently up by a group of lakes I fish regularly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
in that aritcle you posted it says they found a bunch of people in the grizzly lake area. last year i got in crap by a forestry guy near there because he said he saw a black truck mudbogging in a lake and my truck was black and coverd in mud. he gave me like a 5 minute lecture about mudbogging then i finaly convinced him that i was just fishing and he let me go lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, get ready to see more of the knobs around in their ridiculous vehicles. Since they closed down the Postill area to mud-boggers they are going to be everywhere looking for a fresh piece of wilderness to destroy. My god I'd like to see all of the ******* degenerates locked up. At the very least I'd like to take an excavator to their homes and say "There! Now you know what it's like to have your habitat destroyed."

·
Registered
209 Posts
i gotta admit that my old truck was a ******* truck. it was lifted with mud tires and had exhaust stacks and a snorkle, but i just used it for fishing and the odd time i would bog in a pit that my buddy made on his farm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts