BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making the move from Winnipeg to Victoria/Nanaimo this October as I am enrolling in a Fisheries & Aquaculture program at VIU for Fall 2011, and was curious of any triploid stillwater fisheries on the island.

Feel free to PM, as any information is appreciated! I'm not really looking for the 'secret spots' or flies. I'm more-so just trying to cope with leaving the Manitoba Parklands and Duck Mountain's behind (...but actually!).

Tight lines.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Hey Andy, I'm going into my second year of the F&A program at VIU. Welcome aboard.

If you check out the Fresh water fisheries society page (google it), there is a complete list of their stocking. Nearly all trout are triploided these days. I got to triploid some trout this past spring at VIU as part of my project - I did the "Trout project" supervised my Mr. Noyon. I sure learned a lot.

If you have any questions about the program, PM me.
If you have any questions about fishing, PM me as well, or keep posting and reading here. Lots of fishing in the Island - I'm certainly in heaven. Cutties, rainbows, browns, all manner of salmon, and supposedly steelhead, but they frustrate me to no end...so I keep trying ;)

-Ben

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Andy,

I teach at VIU within that department...come see me when you get there, and I'll share my favorites with you....Building 380/Room 112

d4andc

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'm also applying for the fisheries and aquaculture program in 2011. i grew up on vancouver island spider lake has large triploids year round and big smallies as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts