BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just moved to the city from the Sunshine Coast. Back home it's not hard to find a body of water with trout in it. It's a totally different story here. Can anyone offer some advice on good spots around the lower mainland? preferably on the northshore or not that long of a drive out of the city. Also, what are some of the good flyshops around here? I have been to Highwater Tackle on Lonsdale but want to check out some more.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
I frequent Pacific Angler on Broadway. See Matt for Steelhead, Andre for Beach Fishing, and Jason for Salt Water (trolling etc).

They also have a pretty good handle on the lake scene.

Michael & Young is also a great place. Tim is an incredible two handed caster, if you're into Spey, he's the guy you want to talk to.

Hope that helps start you out. I'm sure you'll get a few PMs regarding trout fishing.

Best of luck.

Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Depends on the road. I find a 60km trip on crappy logging roads far more painful than a 150km trip down the highway. I average at least 150- 200km round trip most trips

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Depends on the road. I find a 60km trip on crappy logging roads far more painful than a 150km trip down the highway. I average at least 150- 200km round trip most trips
You are very fortunate, you seem to get a lot of time to fish. Between family life and work, I might get a day per month or so.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I start getting antsy in the pantsy if I don't get out at least once a week. I'm hoping in the new year I can go scope out some of the systems on the island.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts