BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New poster here. Does anyone have any info on Tunkwa Lake recently, or their considered wisdom on the lake for the week after Thanksgiving. Heading up for a few days and trying to prepare. Expecting the leeches and Wooley buggers will be best but look forward to hearing some thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fished up there over the weekend. The lake had not turned over but it was very close. We fished purple leech patterns, small blood worms and had some catches on green shrimps. There was also some midges hatching and a very late mayfly hatch on Sunday. The trout were rising to take these off of the surface frustrating all of us with flies subsurface. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robin,
thanks for the reply and the report. Along with the shrimp and leeches it sounds like I shouldn't leave the dry flies at home!
I have been watching the temperature reports and think that we will be relying on the heater when we get there. Rob at the Resort suggested that the weekend after thanksgiving should be good fishing, with the late season feeding expected. Much than this is no guarantee of passable weather. I will post a report on my return.
thanks again,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts