BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have the same spatley tube attachment and I have to agree with Fred, The way it is set up, when you wrap your thread on it comes loose, a simple reverse of the threads would solve the problem for the right hand tiers. Years ago I used to have the Renzzeti tube vice and was very happy with it, (should have kept it) Worked like a hot dam, I will have to get another one!!

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Tube fly attachment

Just got back from the fly fishing show in Calgary and minus 25 degree weather...will swing some flies for Steelhead tomorow ...but,my favorite Tube Fly accessorie is the Snowbee adapter...it is totally adjustable and the bonus is the tit on the end that allows for the plastic tube to be slid on and held firmly...plus your mandrel for spine strength...
Will take a few pic's tomorrow and post...nice to be back in the plus temperatures and a little snow.
C

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I have the HMH adapter. Have had no complaints with it, but I don't tie nearly as many tubes as i do conventional flies, so I might not be as demanding.

·
Registered
73 Posts
HMH adapter as well. Works great. Have had no problems what so ever. I have the sunrise as well but there is no comparison. The HMH is far superior.

Cliff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Spratley

I too have the Spratley. I got really p**sed off with it loosening, and after a few incidences of rhea and amherst going flying everywhere when the weight of the bobbin falling to the floor unspun the wole fly, I decided i had to make a change.

I picked up thread lock from crappy tire. I got the blue (i think!) one, which is not permanent. I put some on the threads, and soon the adapter was working exactly as i wanted. However, I didn't use it for a few weeks, and it seized up. I had to use wrenches and others to pry it open. I cleaned out the threads by scraping the stuff off, reapplied a much smaller amount- very little does the trick and now it is working just fine.

·
powell riverite
383 Posts
i have the hmh adapter and agree with the comments on it that cliff made, it works great for me

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would give Pacific Angler a call, they should have them! , if they dont have that one they will most likely have others that are better. There are quite a few different attachments out there and I know for a fact, the guys in the store are pro tube tyers and will set you straight, Casey or Ron are your guys!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would give Pacific Angler a call, they should have them! , if they dont have that one they will most likely have others that are better. There are quite a few different attachments out there and I know for a fact, the guys in the store are pro tube tyers and will set you straight, Casey or Ron are your guys!!!

Thanks Rick.I should go see Jason

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Have a look

For years the only Tube Fly adapter available was the standard clamp jaw vice issue. Then everything changed...a brilliant idea from Snowbee...a British Company that masters common sense to a good degree in all their products. Thus the Snowbee Tube Fly Adapter...FYI they also have the sweetest Tube Fly Vice I have seen.
Tied a few flies this afternoon after doing some renovation at the store.getting ready for opening again next week/
For Tube only tiers One pic shows a tube slid onto the tit or nose of the adapter and then youinsert the Pin or Mandrel for added stiffness. For Tube and weighted head tiers I have shown the tube and attached weighted body slid onto the tit and then the mandrel attached.
One of the ingenious features of tube flies is the ability to slide cone heads onto the fly after the tying is complete..simply leave enough tube to extend past the cone head,and melt the tube with a lighter ,make s

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
better look at the cone head

Here is a better angle to look at the melted cone/tube set-up..
These flies track exceptionally well in all currents and hook many fish...casting them is at times a bit of a challenge but if ties with synthetics and not overtied...they are a breeze
C

·
Registered
12 Posts
no nonsense

tied a couple of tubes on my new Snowbee attachment today. Very nice adaptor, the nub that you slide the tube onto is a great feature. Give C a call at Nile Creek fly shop. S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts