BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys/gals lets hear it. What would your ultimate trip of a lifetime be?

Mine would be to swing flys in the stillwaters, and tribs of the Patagonia region of Chile and Argentina, for monster bows, brookies and sea run browns.

Secondly, stripping shrimp patterns across some tropical flats for Bones would be cool too.:)

Finder;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm lucky in that I have been able to fish in a lot of cool places already (Alaska, Belize, Mexico, Florida, not to mention the great fishing here in Minnesota), but the one place I haven't been is BC to swing flies for giant wild steelhead. That will definitely be the trip of a lifetime for me! And it's right in your backyard!!
Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well i have fished the mexican flats for bones and man that is fun

for me it would be Australia’s Northern Territories
Fish: Barramundi (somewhat like a snook), the queenfish (somewhat like a jack crevalle) and the threadfin salmon

or
Agentina’s Ibera Wetlands
Fish: Golden dorado

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i have fished the mexican flats for bones and man that is fun

for me it would be Australia’s Northern Territories
Fish: Barramundi (somewhat like a snook), the queenfish (somewhat like a jack crevalle) and the threadfin salmon

or
Agentina’s Ibera Wetlands
Fish: Golden dorado

Nice!

Ty Posted
I'm lucky in that I have been able to fish in a lot of cool places already (Alaska, Belize, Mexico, Florida, not to mention the great fishing here in Minnesota), but the one place I haven't been is BC to swing flies for giant wild steelhead. That will definitely be the trip of a lifetime for me! And it's right in your backyard!!
Awesome! Steelhead are truly trophys through and through. We're pretty lucky to have them so close. You should be closer to the great lakes than here. I know they have great steelhead fishing. Although they're not sea runs.:D :D

Finder;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have always heard great things about New Zealand, and seeing as I'm off to the North Island in 2 weeks I'll be able to find out for myself. Hoping to get some time on the Tongario & Taupo rivers as well as some of the smaller creeks around Rotorua.

Colin

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm dreaming of a white...flyfishing trip!

For me - it would be too many to list. However, here's a few...

1 - Flyfishing trip to King Pacific Lodge and fish the remote rivers for big northern coho tipping the scales at 20 pounds!

2 - Flyfishing in the salt for coho on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

Five star meals and accomodations for both the above! Thanks for making me dream Kevin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ultimate flyfishing trip for me would be anywhere down south,for a example Belize, and fish in that beautiful clear bluegreen water--especially during the winter time up here,it would be so nice to enjoy the warm weather for a couple of months--this would be my dream trip. Also, catching a few fish would be a nice bonus.

harley

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think I am going to have to go against the grain and say that my ultimate flyfishing trip would be north, not south.

Flyfishing for large grayling and even larger arctic char in the arctic circle. I think it would be an amazing trip.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
For me there are two ideal trips. Wendy and I talk about New Zealand, North Island every so often. We have friends there, so a home base wouldn't be a problem The other trip would be Labrador for huge searun Brookies. Of course the ultimate trip is hard to acheive when you are surrounded with some of the world's best year-round fishing to begin with.:) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts