BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Teck Twin Hooks - are these good?

Tags
hooks
4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  greywolf 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have just started tying flies and I am trying to become familiar with the different hooks. I was at KenCraft out towards Lumby this afternoon and they sold me some Teck Twin hooks that seemed better priced than Tiemco.

Can anybody tell me if these hooks are as good as Tiemco ? The price seems much better so if these are good hooks I'll just stick with them.

Does anybody know of any web article that discusses the differences between fly tying hooks?

Thanks

Jim

#3 ·
I personally haven't heard of those particular hooks you talk of, thats not to say they are no good. There are so many hooks out there now coping the TMC hooks that it is almost hard to distinguish the difference. For me, I stick to TMC(Tiemco) or Daiichi for 95 percent of my tying. This is the way I see it; Most people don't have the time to fish all the time, so when you get the chance to get out on the flows or the stillwaters you don't want to have you day ruined because of a crappy hook!! Its a small price to pay to make the best of the time we have to be on the water and not have the chance to loose the fish of a lifetime! :2cents: :)

#4 ·
I have heard of Teck Twin but haven't heard anything good. Like Rick, I tend to stick with the proven names as they are dependable and their reputation is what keeps them producing a superior product.

Personally speaking I am of the opinion that Teck, Togen and the like are cheaper rip-offs of the more popular styles. I have tried Togen hooks but threw them out based on deficiencies which is the nicest way to put it! Being a commercial tyer, my reputation is as important as the reputation of the hooks I use.

I absolutely refuse to save a couple cents by using a lesser product. I don't use Tiemco any more, not based on quality, rather that I can't wheel and deal a special price for bulk orders. I stick to Diachii and for chironomids I love Mustad C49S'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.