BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I wanted to check something- there is no pink fishing this year on the Sunshine Coast, right? I am going over there for a weekend on the 21st, and I would be kicking myself if there were fish there and I didn't take the rod. But, like the LML, I don't think they get fish this year?

Anyone able to clarify?

And a side note- if there are not pinks, what would you spend a few hours in the evening fishing for over there in the middle of (hot) August?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Lois lake for cutthroat (not sure if they put rainbows in there) Goat lake and powell lake... I've heard of lots of Big Rainbows and the beautiful monstrous cutthroat. 6 Weight minimum, cant tell you much more cause im not from the area but thats where i was directed a year ago before my plan fell through. Shore fishing will still probably work in the morning and evenings.

Hope this helps a little bit, PM Patches he would know!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Scroll down to July 3 or 5th. There is a very informative thread regarding Sunshine Coast opportunities. Lots of info on this site if one looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven't checked in on this forum for a while and I realise this is too late for your trip, but shore fishing up here has yet to take off this year. For anyone else that might be headed this way, I've heard of a few fish being taken at Bonniebrook in Gibsons and Porpoise Bay always has Coho in early. I saw a couple of fast moving schools further out in Davis Bay two weeks back, but nothing within casting distance of the shore and they didn't hang about. There's the odd report of Coho being taken from boats in the Straight. Hope you managed to find a few fish while you were up here. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts