BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Today I was out on one of my local lakes and somehow managed to sever my fly line right in half. So now I need a new one. I have only been fishing for over a year now and don't have much knowledge on full sink lines. The line that broke today was a cheap $20 one, which is probably why it broke. Anyways, I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a better lake line. I'm looking for something under $100 probably, but open to suggestions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What kind of fishing are you doing? Wet line chironomid? Boobie fishing with a super seven? Trolling an attractor with a type 2 or 3 sink? It depends a lot on how and where you want to fish. More information would be really useful for the folks who offer advice. Cheers, G.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually fish from a float tube. I fish quite a few streamers, like leech patterns and muddlers. I guess its safe to say that I fish bigger flies, size 12 being on the smaller end, and size 8 being most common. The lakes around here have lots of sunken logs, so I usually cast in towards shore and target the fish that are around the logs, letting my fly sink down as close to bottom as possible. Sometimes I troll minnow patterns by just kicking around, but not very often. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Hey, sounds like you would be better off with a hover or clear camo line with a sink rate around .5-1.5 . I do a lot of the same fishing and in shallow shoals you want to keep it in the zone for a longer time

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Coastrider has good advice there. I have a number of Airflo stillwater lines because of the quality of the product - polyurethane coatings that don't split or crack - and I would suggest a slow intermediate and a fast intermediate. Airflo also makes a number of stillwater sink tip lines, with 3ft to 12 ft intermediate tips - excellent searching lines over logs and such. I get my lines from the UK via internet shopping. If you are interested, let me know by PM and I will give you the links. Cheers, G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts