BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone's interested in a steelhead fly swap? Maybe have them due for the end of February
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well so far we have six people in this swap:
Bead Head
Professori
Sparky
Phearless
Jabarns
Fish finder
I think we should leave open until the end of the month and then will know who's in and how many flies to tie. If we only get the six of us would you guys be interested in doing two patterns one bright pattern and one dark one? Just a thought
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's the new list:
1 Bead Head
2 Sparky
3 Phearless
4 Jabarns
5 Professori
6 Fish Finder
7 Capilano Mano
8 Bergler
9 Brit guy
only one spot left
thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bead Head I have a few flies that a friend of mine tied
he is a retired fishing guide and lives on the Sunshine Coast
can i include some of his in my pot :?:
i hooked a few steelies on one of these paterns and would like to share it
:)

how about we all send in a pic of one of our flies as a teaser :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Brit Guy you can contribute any flies you want so long as you have eight of the same pattern so that everyone participating gets one.
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so here’s are final list for the steelhead swap
1 Bead Head
2 Sparky
3 Phearless
4 Jabarns
5 Professori
6 Fish Finder
7 Capilano Mano
8 Bergler
9 Brit Guy
So if everyone's into it will be tying two patterns of your choice one Light and one Dark. So that means we each have to tie 16 flies each 8 light ones of the same pattern and 8 dark one's of the same pattern. Will set a due date for Feb 28th so we can fish these in early March. Don't forget to toe tag your flies with your username this makes it much easier at my end when I'm dividing the flies to be sent out. Also you must include a self-addressed envelope with proper postage so I can send your flies back. Boxes under 20mm thick can be mailed as letters but if your over that size it's considered a small packet and the price goes way up. If anyone has any questions you can PM me.
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
21 Posts
cool thanks BH :)
i have my work cut out, moving house soon not sure when i will get the fly bench set up but Feb 28th will be fine :?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay we've got one more person joining Mike D. So this means we all have too tie 9 light flies and 9 dark flies. Also if no one objects how about moving the due date up to Feb 1st like Professori mentioned this still gives us all of December and January to 18 flies. Let me know what you think?
New Final List:
1 Bead Head
2 Sparky
3 Phearless
4 Jabarns
5 Professori
6 Fish Finder
7 Capilano Mano
8 Brit Guy
9 Bergler
10 Mike D
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Beadhead sounds like Britguy is in a bind for time so Feb 28 as a due date works for me if it works better for him. I've tied up some crystal leech variants (light) and some purple bunny leech stingers (dark)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just want to make sure we have this right! We need to tie 10 light flies and 10 dark flies and they need to be sent to bead head on or before Feb 28. Those of you that have done this before with bead head probably have the address and directions of how he wants it done. Those of us that haven't, could you please private message us your address and swap directions, i.e.; packaging preferences, money for return shipping.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts