BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the winter steelhead season approches, most of us are getting our fly boxes as full as possible with new and old fathfull patterns. With all the new materials out there like rhea, albino peacock plus all the classic materials used for creating beautiful spey flies, is there any interest in tying seminars for such a thing? Im sure most off you are looking for new patterns and techniques to tye these flies, like my self I'm always looking for new ideas. If this is something that is of interest please let me know by posting a reply.

Rick Baerg

·
Registered
204 Posts
This would really interest me it's always nice to hear from other people on what they use and how they use it and picking up some tying techniques and new patterns would be great also. Definitely a point of interest.
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I am interested, depending on where and when.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Hey Berg,
will this be O.K. ?

Stinger Hook #2 octopus
60lb Fireline loop
Butt - hot orange ice chenille
1st collar - flo orange polar bear
2nd collar - hot orange rhea
3rd collar - orange guinea
rib - large copper wire,reverse wrapped
body hackle - burnt orange barred schlappen
body - orange crystal chenille
Flash - 6 strands blue krinkle mirror flash
front hackle - orange rhea
1st collar - orange amherst center
2nd collar - gadwall flank 1 turn
eyes - bidoz sea eyes w/chart. stick on eyes
head - flo orange seal

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would cetainly like to go and learn lots if it'snot too expensive. Also, my flies are ugly (and that is a euphemism) so I hope no one woukd be expecting a swap...unless you are really desperate to fill up flybox space. They work, though

G

·
intruders

would like to attend if it is not to expensive as my intruders are not the nicest flies to be chucking to the most respected fish of them all the steelhead.he is not worthy of my sad flies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts