BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Spring is only a few months away, I realized that I have not participated in a swap. I haven't seen a swap come up in a while so I figured, why not organize one.

How about something different?

Mayfly Nymph patterns.

Lets say January 15th for the signup deadline, and March 15th for the Due Date. I will have them out soon thereafter.

Maximum 10 people, choose whatever mayfly Nymph pattern you wish, beaded or not, etc.

I think I will be doing Rowley's Herl May (Green).

1). Osprey78 - "Received"
2). Professori - Received
3). kenj13 - Received
4). Argyle - Received
5). corney - Received
6). ThaSandman -Received
7). BCBound - Received
8). Coastrider - Received
-----------------

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'm in. A bead head pheasant tail.

Reactions: Osprey78

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, guys. 3 so far...c'mon everyone there's a tonne of variations with these things :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Add me also, got the matching mayflies by Dave Hughes for Xmas from my boy!! I'm going to attempt something I saw ascending in Badger lake last June.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect, will do.

·
corney
274 Posts
I would like to get in on this swap, I don't think I am of the same caliber as some of the rest of the group here but if you are willing to accept my bugs I am in.

i will do some research tonight to decide what fly I am to tie and size and get at er!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to get in on this swap, I don't think I am of the same caliber as some of the rest of the group here but if you are willing to accept my bugs I am in.

i will do some research tonight to decide what fly I am to tie and size and get at er!
I will put you in. This is my first swap I have been in. I have also been tying for less than a year, so I'm not of that calibre.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be tying #14 bead head prince. I would say that is a mayfly nymph pattern?
I think that is a great option. Can't wait to see your creation!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Everyone, long time no see!

I have been itching for a swap, so this one sounds great! How about a woven-body nymph?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Everyone, long time no see!

I have been itching for a swap, so this one sounds great! How about a woven-body nymph?
Sounds great, as long as it is a Mayfly of sorts, it's a go! I'll put you in.

I just tied my first 2 contributions tonight. :cool:

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
All right, I'm in. Pattern TBD. I'll try to up my game from the last swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
All right, I'm in. Pattern TBD. I'll try to up my game from the last swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll join up if theres enough room. put me down for an ostrich herl nymph natural
Excellent, you're both in. Here is the couple I tied last night....

Insect Plant Arthropod Terrestrial plant Pest

2 more spots open and 4 more days till the signup deadline.......

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I've got a half dozen tied up now. I changed the pattern choice though. I found Davie McPhail's pheasant tail nymph pattern on-line and am doing it instead. Very nice tie using only pheasant tail and copper wire. Check it out.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've got a half dozen tied up now. I changed the pattern choice though. I found Davie McPhail's pheasant tail nymph pattern on-line and am doing it instead. Very nice tie using only pheasant tail and copper wire. Check it out.
I tied up a dozen of them the last week for new fly box, nice little fly but not as easy as it looks to get copper to lay the way he does

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but how does this differ from Frank Sawyer's PTN?
Apparently in no way! I wasn't really aware of Sawyer's fly, I have always tied the nymph with legs folded back from the thorax back.

Reactions: arrgh
1 - 20 of 80 Posts