BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, now that we're back up and running, and I see Speyghillie is back as well. . . any updates on the speyclave that was in planning stages on the old forum? What were the tentative dates again? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Speyclave in BC

Hi Sparky,
The Spey gathering is still on, i had to change the dates, as Aaron's speyfair moved to the same date as the one i had posted, so it will now be on the weekend 21-22 oct.
I had to make sure my buddies could still make it as they work as they work as ghillie's on the river Ness and Spey up until Oct 15th, so they have to finish up on the river and get to the airport or it's a hell of a canoe trip tp BC.
My two buddies are number one and two in the world for distance, Scott is the world record holder and has never been beaten anywhere in any competion in the last three years, Gordon has only been beaten by Scott, and they work on the River Ness next to each other.
But more importantly they are both really good instuctors, same for the guy's that work on the river Spey with me, good bunch of guy's, just waiting for a couple of people to get back to me, then i will have a full list.
As for location, i will be flying in to Kelowna in three weeks to sort that out, was thinking of having it at the ok corral bar in Kelowna, no went in there last year in my kilt, so not there. :lol:
I will be staying in Vernon, my favorite haunt, for three weeks, so hope to go speak to Rick, and get advice as to a venue, what about moe's in Vernon, no been in there in my kilt, better not. :lol:
Already got some great prizes for a raffle that i hope will help pay for the guy's flights, like really great prizes, this way i can have the gathering free for everybody, so if you see a couple of guys on a saturday night in Kelowna in kilts, its only me and my buddy from Vernon. :lol:
Cheers Gordon (speyghillie).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic. I guess I'll have to dust off my MacGregor kilt and start practising on the mechanical bull. Now, if you were in Kelowna this weekend you'd find it's poker and scotch night at the rugby club (then again, isn't it always scotch night at the rugby club?). Looking forward to meeting the Highlanders.
Cheers,
Jamie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Sparky,
Would love to be in Kelowna this weekend, but got loads to do on the Spey, it opens in a week, and i got to do a bbq for 40-50 fishers, they will all want fed and a big dram. i will have to wait til night time for mine.
Still a day at the river, and a dram at night by a big open fire, sound like a good day.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
contact McLeod

Hello McLeod,
Sunny here on Vancouver Island, I am trying to contact you ....you left a message for me about the clave and it seems that there is no Phone Number for contact....I do need to be contacted soon...have to confirm a clinic in Campbell River otherwise
C

·
Registered
58 Posts
speycave at peg leg

Hi Salar,
It would be great if you can make it, sorry about not being in touch , but i been out in the boonies fishing, if there is such a word.
Please come along, and i will see you there.
Scott Mackenzie will have one of the rods he has spent the last 18 month developing for a raffle prize as well as some brand new rods from the UK for guys to try out, and they are something .
But Salar come along, no problem and i will see you there.
Gordon. :D

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Good Weekend for Clave

Speyghillie,
Good to talk to you last week and I hope you had a better result on your trip....water is too low here on the Island to help incoming Salmon...in fact the Coho are not showing up yet in big numbers on the bigger rivers..thus what will be the outcome of this season! No retention on the Big Q this year.
Looking forward to the weekend and if lucky can help some casters and learn some good stuff as well. Will have a good selection of lengths,weights and quality along and a few Switch rods... and more importantly,many new and developing lines. Fun to see imput from others
C

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for coming along to the Speyclave we had a few weeks ago, special thanks to Scott, Courtney, Francois and David for there brilliant demo's and for making it such a great weekend.
Now that i am home and back on the Spey and over that bloody jet lag, i just wanted to say what a blast i had in BC , i hope to get back over in the spring, and a big thanks to Rick for guiding the boys on the tuesday, i missed out but they all said it was a great day.
So thank you to everyone that made the whole speyclave a blast, and i hope to see you all in the spring .
Thanks Gordon.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hey Gordon, Glad you all had a great time out here in the Fraser Valley! You miss a great day on the water, the Scott and the boys had a blast! Looking forward to this spring, I wont be as busy! Bye for now.

Rick Baerg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts