BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I have got the week off ive hit the bench pretty hard past couple of days, had a look at all my boxes and went through what flies im getn low on.
Heres a mix bag of em, hope you likey.

(click on the pics)
DSCN0452.jpg
DSCN0454.jpg
DSCN0457.jpg
DSCN0455.jpg
DSCN0453.jpg
DSCN0453.jpg
DSCN0451.jpg
DSCN0450.jpg

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice. The last 2 are quite interesting. Have you used them? How do they work for you?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Nice flies, now the ? Is how many does one tie:) im also starting to tie up for my new fly boxes I got for xmas. A new lake box and a new streamer box. Lots of tying to do now

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im on the same page as you Coastrider lol, I got a nice wooden fly box 8"x10" so I got a lot of tying ahead of me to fill up that box.

Yes Osprey those double chironies work quite well actually!! Why would a rainbow or cutty want 1 little meal while he can get 2!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I like the doubles you have tied on that swimming nymph hook. I have tied them on straight 3x long nymph hooks and find they perform alright, but not any better than a single chironomid. The double bend might make them more interesting to the fish.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got that right count! :D
Usually tie those in #6-4. and in the chuck for sea runs #8-6

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the doubles you have tied on that swimming nymph hook. I have tied them on straight 3x long nymph hooks and find they perform alright, but not any better than a single chironomid. The double bend might make them more interesting to the fish.
Ya I find that the swimming nymph in #12 and 10's work good for doubles, That added bend in the hook really does the trick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts