BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the upper Skagit on monday and tuesday. I arrived monday evening and hiked into Delacy campsite caught two that night and three the next morning all were in the 13" to 14" range and all were scrappy as hell. I can't belive the markings on these trout there so bright you can see the red stripe coming up for the the rise from miles away. I caught all five fish on dry flies which was great to see. I found larger adams and olive compara duns worked really well. I also collected some rather large stonefliy samples, I can't beleive how big they get my largest one is almost 2" long :shock: . I tried using different nymphs but all I had was a floating line so I couldn't get the nymph to tumble along the bottum. Anyways the fishing was great the river seemed super high but this the earliest time I've ever fished this river so this be normal water levels for this time of year. I can't wait to go back :D . Did anyone fish the lower section this weeked?
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good job BH. That is a good walk down there. I'm planning on heading up to the bottom end around the 12th or 13th for a few days. I'll report back then.

Dinsdale

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Felipe! Good report...Questions: what main body colour were your Adams flies? and did you scout out any Dolly Vardens holding in the deeper runs and pools? Those bigger stone fly nymphs you found are an ideal pattern choice for the dollies! Especially the bead headed versions. I keep fighting with myself about where to wet a line this week. I think I'll escape to the Skag! Cheers man! -Nathan in NW ps. Those fly boxes you sold me are almost full! Hehe! :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All my adams flies were made with grey dubbubg fur some had deer hair for tails and some had moose maine tails both worked well. I also used big white calf tail wings. As for dollies I didn't see any and I didn't really have any heavy nymphs to get deep enough so I just stuck with the dry flies. I'm heading to spruce lake this weekend but I think I might hit the Skagit on monday or tuesday when I get back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts