BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Has there been an attractor pattern fotm recently? For either stillwater or streams? That'd be my suggestion. Just don't get many opportunities to catch Pinks in the interior.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd say if we are going to do a fly for salmon, why not do a coho fly FOTM. Pinks may not be around in large quantities then, but coho fishing will have picked up and people will be looking for flies to try. Maybe we could try sculpin patterns for rivers.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
I'd say Coho as well, and I'd say if keeping peoples interest is a concern ( based on Augusts attempt ) open it up to Salt / Fresh water flies. Just a thought.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree as well actually Coho flies sound great.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Unfortunately because of the geographical diversity of our membership, it is impossible to please everyone. With the majority living on the Coast or the Island, coho flies are the natural choice for September. I obviously will not be posting any coho photos but I will be tying/fishing pike and fall trout. It's just one of the crosses I must bear living in Alberta.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey John you could still tie up some coho patterns and post some pictures, then kindly send them to me so that I may test them on the local beaches.

I tie all sorts of steelhead patterns and I haven't fished for them in years!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I too am interested in these coho - yet to get one off the beach, but I'm all for tying up a few ideas and seeing what other people like to tie up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Coho on the beaches all the way, you'll get high posts this time, i may even tie a larger pattern like a #2 so that you can see it on my piece of junk camera :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll vote for Coho as well.
I might even try to tye one instead of just ogling.
(I've got a couple old recipe books giving me some ideas)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts