BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I applied myself and dragged my sorry butt off the couch and drove out to castlegar to puchase a 16 dollar dry line(quite lame but not absolutly awful) from the can tire. then i proceeded to rod's shop to grab some flies for my day to be. Rod pointed me to some spot and I ended up going to the Genelle area which is quite a productive spot at the right times. I was late in the day but not late enough for the evening bite so you know how that goes. I fished from the trailer park boat launch down and there were some great runs that obviously would hold fish. Nice deep clear water good oxygen but i wasn't prepared to get my flies down in time. as well it was far to windy and to try and push that line through it was not goona happen, double haul or not. so i would only get as much time with my fly in the water as casting straight out and holding for a small drift. i think if i could've placed my fly easier and bounced the bottom i would've done better. Although while there i saw a few smaller trout bounce infront of me just out of reach and two larger bows across the river in a more rapid area obviously feeding better than my slow side. I continued down and fished little pockets and got down and inched my way close to logs that i though would hold a nice bow. then delicately flick my nymph in the seam to ride its way in behind the log..to no avail. but nonetheless it made for great practice. as i walked down the river i could see perfect seams that had to hold fish but i was ill prepared so i damn near literally said to my self "oh i'll be back soon". it went on like that for a bit but the wind started to frustrate me and it was 5 dollar steak night in Trail so time to head home. oh and steak was great. you get scalloped potatoes, salad/dressing, bun and butter, a nice sized steak(or prime rib) and peas with corn for 5 bucks. its a ski/fish bum special. i'll let you know how next time goes, the fishing that is.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts