BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in doing another saltwater fly swap? Please reply to this thread if you are interested. Here are the details; All flies HAVE to be tied on 100% Stainless Steel hooks, (no nickle plated) this is a must, don't send them if they are not on SS hooks. The deadline to have your flies done and mailed to me is, October 20th if you have never participated in one of our swaps, please read these directions, it is a lot of and when its over you get some cool flies from some great tiers!! Fly Swap Directions

Send your flies to:

Rick Baerg
PO Box 482
Queen Charlotte, BC
V0T1S0

This is the fly I will be sending out for this swap!! :)

1. RickB
2. tbar24
3. Troutman Clay
4. Sawmill
5. kenj13
6. lcampbellcutthroat
7. ThaSandman
8. LiquidGuides01
9. fishmong
10. stevil

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm gonna sit on the fence for right now, and wait to see what the turnout is like - I am in two other swaps at the moment - one with up to 25 or 50 flies! I'll hang on, and if there is room, and my contribution is needed :)rolleyes:), I'll join......

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im going to give this one till the end of the week, then I will shut it down and set a new date. Come on, is no one tying out there anymore :confused:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, the swap is now closed, we have 10!

1. RickB
2. tbar24
3. Troutman Clay
4. Sawmill
5. kenj13
6. lcampbellcutthroat
7. ThaSandman
8. LiquidGuides01
9. fishmong
10. stevil

Swap details: All flies HAVE to be tied on 100% Stainless Steel hooks, (no nickle plated) this is a must, don't send them if they are not on SS hooks. The deadline to have your flies done and mailed to me is, October 20th if you have never participated in one of our swaps, please read these directions, it is a lot of and when its over you get some cool flies from some great tiers!! Fly Swap Directions

Send your flies to:

Rick Baerg
PO Box 482
Queen Charlotte, BC
V0T1S0

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Rick,

I just want to clarify one of the rules - there are ten people in the swap, so we tie ten flies - Why? I don't need one of my own back - other sites that I swap in would only require 9.... What is the FFBC take on this?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Rick,

I just want to clarify one of the rules - there are ten people in the swap, so we tie ten flies - Why? I don't need one of my own back - other sites that I swap in would only require 9.... What is the FFBC take on this?
Some people like to have one of their own, I know when I send my flies I always want to have a couple. The main reason is it makes it easier for sorting so everyone gets the same amount of flies. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mailed mine last night Rick, hopefully you'll get them this week, but probably on monday

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Hey guys, got some flies from,

1. RickB - received
2. tbar24
3. Troutman Clay - received
4. Sawmill - received
5. kenj13
6. lcampbellcutthroat - received
7. ThaSandman
8. LiquidGuides01
9. fishmong - received
10. stevil

Mail takes a little longer to get than most places in the world, as Canada post still uses canoe to get to Haida Gwaii! :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts