BC Fly Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now at the store I work at Trout Water Supplies.....my boss and I discussed rod holders along with another employee.......the discussion was about

Scotty VS Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders

What are your thoughts on both.....???

Which ones do you use ?? what do you like about them ....what do you dislike about them???

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never actually used the Berkley Quick Set rod holder...just saw a pic of it online. Would this rod holder work with flyrods?

I've used the Scotty flyrod holders for years, and I have no issues with them. They hold flyrods securely, and I trust them even to the point of mouting them on my roofracks and using them to transport my rod while travelling in my truck. Cost is also reasonable, and I like that they use regular Scotty bases, making flexible instalations a snap.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the berkely quick set rod holders on my pontoon and i love them

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use the the berhley rod holders and, although they do look a little cheaper made, find them very versitile. They can handle spin rods, fly rods, wahatever else you might want to stick in them, even the net :) They also come with three different mounts which is nice. When I picked mine up they were $15 each. In was told they went up, but still think they're nicer, just because they can handle all rod types.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts