BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im loving this. you have some pretty good points prof that all of us seemed to looks past. so thanks anyhow and good luck on this upcoming fall.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
so anyone who dosnt agree with you is a whiner???nice
Darycote - did I say that. I think I implied that anyone who thought I was harsh was a whiner, Anyway, didn't you see the smiley face (indicates a jest or joke). If you saw it and still took offence...OH MY GAWD...Flay me with a cat of nine tails. Get a life . Get over it. If your still offended........................I don't give a rat's a$$.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This will be my last word on this subject. I agree that the best way to start is to fish, read what you can and learn from trying. My point was and always has been that the way profs'answer was stated was arrogant at best and condescending. We all started somewhere and to share what we know with others is what this site is all about ( or so I thought ). I have gotten some good information about lines, flies, and how fishing has been etc when going out for a trip. What is the point of having a site like this and the sister site if not to help others in their quest for knowledge about this great sport. I equate this to golf, we all get frustrated when playing behind beginners that are slow but remember this: WE ALL HAD TO START SOMEWHERE AND WERE ONCE THE LEARNING BEGINNERS. Have a great fall season and hope to see you on the water. 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi fellas..I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and thought I'd toss in my two cents....Personally most of the knowledge I've been fortunate enough to aquire over the years has been through lots of trial and even more error. ( and I can't seem to shake the error part :lol: ) Luckily for me back then, time was no factor. As with anyone else, I was also taught a thing or two along the way, and in turn have tried to pay it forward on certain topics related to our favorite past time.
Time for myself is now a big factor trying to juggle family, work and play time. Often my play time loses out. :? So the point I'm trying to make is, I can understand how these forums can be a valuble tool in seeking any information,( for the newbie and seasoned angler) to maximize and make the most out of the limited time we have on the water. In short they can, ( but not always) take a lot of the guess work out of a day on the water.
Having said that, outside of tactics, fishing reports and second hand info. on locations are as only as good as yesterdays news, until you give it a go yourself. I've heard the line a million times before."ya should'a been here yesterday"...

Lastly we ( me too :) ) should really take a few extra seconds to read through a post, before we jump on the judgement wagon...Take things with a grain of salt guys...Remember that we all interpret things differently as we read. I've personally had the pleasure of fishing beside the proff on a few occasions, and I got to pick his brain a bit while doing so.,and he was more than willing to share his experiences.. However I'm still a firm believer that it's all the more sweeter when success is acheived on your own, even though the trials can be more than frustrating at times. I know there's lots of spelling errors in my post proff.. :wink: The crown makes the fingers and the mind a little loose, that's my story and I'm sticking to it..OK I'll stop rambling on now..

Finder :wink:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts