BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pair of William Joseph waders whose knee seams have slow leaks. I would like to re-seal them, but I'm not sure what the best approach would be.

The repair kits I've seen have small material patches, which don't seem adequate. It is difficult to see exactly where the leaks are, and I am thinking I'd prefer to reinforce the entire seam.

I was thinking it would be good to add a new strip of waterproof fabric around the inside of the entire seam, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'd appreciate any input and pointers to appropriate materials.

Eric

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
It is difficult to see exactly where the leaks are, and I am thinking I'd prefer to reinforce the entire seam.

Eric
Turn your waders inside out and fill them with water past the point where they leak. Hang them up (outside is best) and the leak should show up in a minute or 2.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Several people have mentioned Aquaseal to me as being the best sealant. I've not had to use it yet, so I can't confirm this.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
once I have found the ldeak, a small dab of Aquaseal should do the trick. Apply it to both sides!

·
Esteban was Eaten!
338 Posts
If you haven't already patched them, I'd just like to add that it's a good idea to apply to both sides as Professori said, but do it in two stages. Do the inside, let set/dry, then do the outside.

You can apply a material overtop to protect the Aquaseal patch if you want, but it's not necessary for the seal to hold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts