BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Regal

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  phearless 
#1 ·
Anybody seen or used the new Regal Rotary?
I can't wait to give one a go in Bellvue.
They look great.
I already own a regal and it looks like this is the rotary I have been waiting for.I have been himming and hawing about a Norvise for years, hopefully I can test drive both down south.

#2 ·
I have a Regal fixed head and really like it. My other vise is a Norvise and I love it. I tie on it almost exclusively now. They are both great vises and each has their own attributes. The Regal is quick to insert a hook, where the Nor is not quick ( I have the thumb screw adjustable jaws) I understand there is a new cam lock jaw and these would definately be quicker. The Norvise can do soooooo much, you will wonder how you ever did without a true rotary. If you get a chance to see the Norvise in action do so, if not get Norm Norlander to send you a VHS or DVD of what his vise will do. When I do demonstration tying at local fly symposiums, my vise always draws a crowd.....heck I could sell a dozen of them on the spot after a demo of how fast they apply materials to the hook, and so precisely. You can make your own dubbing brushes with the vise too. You will never have a buggier looking fly than one tied with a dubbing brush.

You will find two distinct camps with the Norvise..you either LOVE IT or hate it. I have found that most of the negative comments come from those who purchased Norm's vise when he was just starting out and working out all the design bugs and materials he used for the vise.

I love mine and will never get rid of it

#5 ·
Paul , check out the Regal Revolution . It should do anything the Norvise can do , but do it in a more user friendly fashion .

http://www.regalvise.com/movie.html

I still like my Norvise though
Brian
Looks like I nice vice and Regal make quaility stuff and their warranty is second to none! I have a couple of Regal vices that I have had for years and never had a problem, great product! On another note, I'll tell ya, I sure love my Dyna-King Barracuda, thanks Brain! ;) Nicest vice I have ever used and you could drop a truck on it and nothing would happen to it. Very solid stainless steel, beauty!

#4 ·
That does spin great....just wouldn't want to get my fingers in that lever in a full spin, liable to break it.

The next vise I am looking for is the Renzetti Presentation 3000...old version with the screw tightening jaws.

Did you manage to get your Marquis Salmon #3 yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.