BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Rampart is Iced off? I would think after this coming weeks weather it will be good to go. Buck and Vinson are roughly the same el. as Rampart. Any word on them? I'm heading up for a week starting the 14th and a report would be a thing of beauty!! Any turn over news from lower lakes such as Peterhope or the Roche area would also be beneficial and much appreciated. Chalupa

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Anyone know if Rampart is Iced off? I would think after this coming weeks weather it will be good to go. Buck and Vinson are roughly the same el. as Rampart. Any word on them? I'm heading up for a week starting the 14th and a report would be a thing of beauty!! Any turn over news from lower lakes such as Peterhope or the Roche area would also be beneficial and much appreciated. Chalupa

I'd love to hear your report. I went up last year on May 10 and the lake was iced over still.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to hear your report. I went up last year on May 10 and the lake was iced over still.
Fished Rampart on May 15-16 and it was steady for fish to 4lbs, nothing huge, all on chironomids size 14-16 black/silver, black/copper and of course, chromies. Local C.O. came in for a chat and said the ice was off on the 5th. He was shocked to see that our group had the lake to ourselves. I was quite suprised as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts