BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at Pegleg today for a little casting practice.
Looks like I finally got the snake roll down. Well a couple of times anyway.
I have been practicing all casts from both sides with both hands up. One at a time of course : )
I think i should be able to fish comfortably at 80-85 ft off either bank now.
I think!
Anyone else had any epiphinies lately.
Oh yah, I found a nice agate to. One up on the wife this year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wish I had known you were out here, I wouldn't have practiced on the sumas, The good thing there is it had a park for the little one :) So does this mean I am the only guy who doesn't walk the shores looking for these agates?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agates

Not to highjack my own thread.
Agates have become part of the whole Faser fishing thing for me.
Always have been a bit of a rockhound since I was a kid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought the New rio 3 disc set and I am really eager to get out there and try a few casts . Still getting over the flu . will try to get out tomorrow
Driftwood is what I look for as I make birdhouses, tables ,lamps etc. I am going down today to white rock beach with my Japanese saw as I spotted a great piece for a table.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
good idea

Not to highjack my own thread.
Agates have become part of the whole Faser fishing thing for me.
Always have been a bit of a rockhound since I was a kid.
Since you mentioned agates...if they are big enough I can have them machined into reel handles for you....thats right....that would be a personal touch to you new reel, whatever it is?
C

·
Registered
78 Posts
Peg Leg

Well went searching for some cutthroat yesterday...Turned into casting practice at pegleg:)

First place we went to the gate was locked :confused: No way to get in without a long hike and my buddy tore his ACL recently and was not into hiking for some reason:rolleyes: so we decided to check option 2 we got to the spot and there were about 10 guys already fishing the little hole with ice coving the rest of the slough :eek: Ended up checking out peg leg for a couple hours with no luck vis was poor 2-3inchs.Anybody have much luck with cutties at pegleg? Seems to have my number? Was a nice day to get out...Also found a nice Agate.

What time where you there Phearless?Didnt notice anyone else fishing...I think we left around 1130-12? Green 4runner. Sorry for the Hijack

-RC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts