BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day to you all!

Just want to bring to your attention that the new integrated photo gallery is now up and running, works dam good! You don't have to sign in twice, once you are signed into the forum, you are signed into the gallery! You don't have to set up albums just upload files.

The one thing you have to do when uploading pictures is; before you up load your photos make sure they are not huge massive picture files. If there are, it will appear to have uploaded but the file doesn't show up in your gallery. This means the image file is too large and until you down size the image it will not upload. The reason it is this way, is to keep the server space smaller so you don't have to pay for gallery space at this time. Every member gallery has a limit so if you keep your file sizes small.....

This Gallery is for ACTIVE MEMBERS only so, if you do not participate in the website you cannot use the gallery option, no free loaders! :D I and the moderatores will be policing this!

Here is the link to the gallery plus you will see the link in the menu bar under the BCFF Logo!, http://www.flyfishbc.com/photopost/

If you have any questions about the gallery please reply to this post!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to add is, whether or not we want non members (guest) to all of our images? Everyone please let me know! I will make the change in one or two days, speak up please! :D

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
public

That is an interesting thought about "for members only" likely the best bet...
What do the other sites do?
C

·
Registered
25 Posts
Photogallery

Well, it works! I placed some of my photos and even got some messages already! Nice work.
Although I live in Holland, I visited this site and forum frequently since I found it. More of my steelhead photos are at my side www.steelhead.nl

greetz,

Bram

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
One thing I forgot to add is, whether or not we want non members (guest) to all of our images? Everyone please let me know! I will make the change in one or two days, speak up please! :D
I have no problem with non-members viewing our photos. If we don't let non-members view the content of our site (all of it) we have given them less incentive to join and contribute to this site. Membership does have its privileges, but I think they should be privileges of participation not viewing. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no problem with non-members viewing our photos. If we don't let non-members view the content of our site (all of it) we have given them less incentive to join and contribute to this site. Membership does have its privileges, but I think they should be privileges of participation not viewing. Just my thoughts.
Good point! :eek: So how about we make evrything in the gallery open to everyone except for the fly patterns! :eek: lol

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to add something about the New gallery! Everytime you upload a picture or post a comment about a picture it will increase your post count!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts