BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Pender Island next weekend. Looking for any info on areas to fish. I will be staying on the Hope Bay (eastern shore) of the north island. I know where there is some good looking SRC habitat near Port Browning, but not much in the way of good tide change. I was thinking about checking out the gap between the two islands and Beaumont Provincial Park on the south island.

Thanks

Trevor

·
Registered
142 Posts
I haven't fished the beaches of Pender, but hear the beaches of Salt Spring are pretty good for SRC. If it were me, I wouldn't think twice about going out and giving it a try. At worst, you'd spend some time enjoying some beautiful surroundings.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My grand parents have a cottage on pender. I have looked for cutthroat for almost 4 years now and never seen one. There arent any creeks those fish can really hang around in. I wouldnt waste my time there. But Cameron is right, saltspring does have some nice SRC off the beaches.

Edit: I have seen One, but that was off a dock, unless it was a coho smolt then im not sure. I just know they aren't around pender In catchable numbers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts