BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trout Bum
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any reviews or input (from flyfishbc users) on the OSG Commander and also if there's any used ones up for sale??
Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
have one that's not for sale.
On the review side, it floats well, holds up my fat a$$ well. Easy to row around a lake. Does well when drifting on local steelhead rivers. I am not a fan of the rack and pinoin oar lock system that all of these styles of boats use. Much rather have a proper oarlock but that's not available. Boat is very easy to carry a long ways. Sit nicely on your shoulders, has well positioned grab handles and is plenty light in the weight.
If I did not already have one, I would definately get one.

·
Trout Bum
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rln, yah it doesn't look like the pinion system is compareable to regular oar locks. How good do you find the quality of the seat and its straps? does it allow for some leaning back and mauverability? I suppose you would be sitting a bit lower than if you were in a pontoon?? Love the idea of how light and portable it is. I have a pontoon at the moment that weighs almost 80lbs rigged up...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Bryan, the commander looks great.... if you want portable and light.? look up dave scadden's assaultxx....23lbs.... or the more expensive water master... the assault's seat is very comfy and you can adjust it to lean back ......oar upgrades are available....if you would like to see(test) it let me know....(it's not for sale...LOL) Happy boat hunting....

·
Trout Bum
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info/offer bub1... I have researched both models you've suggested. In conclusion I have to say I would like to stick with the Outcast brand. It's been pretty tough trying to find a used Commander, might just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one at full price...
Thanx again! cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.