BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
just incase anyone was wondering, the road into hidden is now passable with 2wd.
the road into baird is passable right up untill the last corner before the lake. probaly passable by the weekend. im gonna hike in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to jimmy lake today and was shock to see ice still covering the lake but it was starting to break-up. i'd say by the weekend it will be open. also went to woods lake nearby and the ice was off and the water temp was 42 degrees. had no bites and it was really windy.
Pineus lake was open as well but the rd from falkland was impassable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
jimmy is almost 1300m so im not surprized its still iced

·
Registered
58 Posts
mgnm , Thanks for the report. Ive been wondering about Jimmy and other lakes at that elevation.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I Just looked at the LacLaJeune web cam and it looks like it will be ice free in a day or 2 at the most.

·
Registered
40 Posts
drove up to king ed on the aberdeen plateau ice is coming off about 10 feet of water around the whole thing but id say a week at least still it was still looking thick

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
with a little bit of open water then it should just need a good wind to break it up. my bet is 5 days lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Friend of mine called me up tues and said his friend caught a beauty in roche lake ...god fishing is coming on let me off of this damn island ...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
aberdeen plateau report for may 16th:
Lost lake: 95% ice free. just a little bit of slush at one end. fishable.
doreen: 10 to 20 feet of water at the rec site. rest is slush. should be off by the weekend, sooner if the weather is good.
flyfish #2, Loon, Aileen: road has a couple feet of snow on it. didnt bother walking in.
dee lake: dark slushy ice, bit of water on sides
beaver: dark slushy ice, bit of water on sides
i would put my money on most lakes being fishable up there by the weekend.

anybody ever fish lost lake? i have never had any luck on it. i would figure it would be good since it has a 1 fish limit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dugan, Big Lake, Spokin and Bootjack are ice free as well as many others through Horsefly and Likely. Has anybody any news on Raven or lakes out on highway 20? Yesterday I heard Raven still had ice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was up on the McCulloch lake area last weekend (May14 sat) and was shocked to see that Browne lk,McCulloch,Idabell and as well as Idleback lake were all still frozen .The edges were just starting to break,couldnt see browne cause of no access snow still too deep.

Bman360 anybody ever fish lost lake? i have never had any luck on it. i would figure it would be good since it has a 1 fish limit.
This lake used to be a trophy lake i have seen 8 pounders 12+ yrs ago ,BUT it has winterkilled in the past and has gone for a shyte...Had one turn me and my belly boat 180* in .4 seconds...once again that was 8+yrs ago....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
ice off on all the lakes i saw on abredene platue. fished for a bit in a blizzard. heres some pictures of the drive up there.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts