BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Summit and Box Lakes in Nakusp are still solid to the edges ... Rosebud in Salmo is tight also .. Rivers and streams are low and clear .. It's going to be awhile for the west Kootenays ... I looked at the weather for the same region .. Wet and warming in forcast ... Snowpack might start to come down ... that'll screw the fishing for awhile .... Haven't heard anything about the East Kootenays ....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
hidden is ice free and the road it passable. you cant get to the main boat launch/camp area but you can get to the other smaller camp/boat launch area if you have 4x4 and good tires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hey B-Man, how long do you figure snow melted to get main campsites? did u fish it?
probaly about a week till its passable with a good 4x4. maybe sooner. its pretty sketchy even going into the other campsite. i had 4 wheels spinning most of the way in.
i fished it for a couple hours. i got a couple on dry flys and lots of fish jumping and feeding on the surface.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, normally a bunch of us have a derby the 3rd week of April...seems like everything is roughly 3-4 weeks behind this year

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
looks like echo is ice free. it was stocked on april 21st.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
anybody checked out the lakes around pinaus lately? square? ladyking?
ladyking has aerators so it might be ice free.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive only driven past on my way to fish kamloops lakes but the snow lines still fairly low and I went up to king ed the other day theres still 2 feet of snow around the lake and on it you could still ice fish it lol so i would say the same for square and pinaus being that they are a couple hundred meters higher

·
Registered
782 Posts
White Lake is great the last 2 weekends.
Chironomids in the deep and nymphs on the shoals are working for me.

k

·
Registered
304 Posts
Was at White Lake this past weekend and while there was some decent hatches, it was for the most part tough fishing. Every once in a while you'd get into good fishing for an hour, and then the rest of the day it would die off. It wasn't just our group, this was indidcative of every angler we spoke too. You had to be prepared to move in order to find fish. However, the hatches where picking up when we left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fished Courtney last Thursday to Sunday..good fishing Thurs and friday on leeches, wooly buggers. Average size 1 1/2 lbs. did manage to get one over 50 cms.The guys chroni fishing weren't having much success though. Sunday the water was getting less and less clear, seems like ready to turn over.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts