BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
b_man how was the fishing in the river? I fished sawmill lake yesterday still had ice on it but not alot lake was very productive caught 10 between the 3 of us in a few hours there will be no ice at all on that lake in probably another 4 days or ice they get a good wind even it will be all broken up, drove past vasuex lake it looked good and there was alot of people fishing it the bass must be out in full force

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i got a 4" white fish but thats it lol.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
checked gardom today (april 7th). ice is dark and slushy. 5 to 10 feet of water around the edges. more on the north end (i think the north end). i would put money on it being iced off by sunday.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
checked gardom today. lots of water. ice looks like slush. saw a guy kayaking in the middle threw the ice.
a day of wind and it will be off. might be off tomorrow. with no wind it might take a couple days. im taking the belly boat up there on mon or tuesday, im 100% sure it will be off by then.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Gardom is ice free. stocked with 5000 catchables today.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
gardom is 546m and hidden is 649m. hidden probaly needs a week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hidden lake is still completely ice covered. Will be about 2 more weeks before it's open. The road to the lake is still impassable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was at 6 mile lake and morgan on the weekend ...fishing was very good...but the aluminum hatch was growing by monday :) planning to hit roche on easter weekend ...fingers crossed ..i heard ice is of the edges a few days ago.....fingers crossed....fingers crossed......anyone know how long it takes roche to open up after ice starts to melt??? cheers...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hidden lake is still completely ice covered. Will be about 2 more weeks before it's open. The road to the lake is still impassable.
roads still impassable? i got pretty close to the lake last week before i got stuck. i thought it would be passable by now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
joyce near faulkland is ice free. pillar is 80% ice free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thinking of running away this long weekend with my camper so is Roche Lake open in both sense of the word (ice-off & regs)?
BC Fishing Synopsis talks only about "no ice-fishing", "quotas" and "electric motors" while gofishbc says that it's closed from Dec1st till April 30th.
???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thinking of running away this long weekend with my camper so is Roche Lake open in both sense of the word (ice-off & regs)?
BC Fishing Synopsis talks only about "no ice-fishing", "quotas" and "electric motors" while gofishbc says that it's closed from Dec1st till April 30th.
???

i believe roche is still frozen. the new regs say once a lake is ice free, then its open to fish. as for the electric only, that only past the island at the far end of the lake.
hope this helps. have a good weekend
josh

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
anyone try to get into hidden recently? im going to give it a shot tomorrow with some tire chains.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts