BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so im from Kamloops and spend too much time going through all the store....yes all three...lol. just to find in the end that California blonds are discontinued...NOOO....that's my favorite "T" fly. Any body know where on line i might be able to get some more?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tryed Kamloops fly shop, Wholesale Sports and called Surplus Herby's. i was told by Wholesale that they changed manufacturers, and Ron at the Kamloops fly shop said its discontinued...i know whole sale had them like 2 weeks ago. but there all gone.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I talked to Fred at Nicola Valley Outdoors this evening, and he hasn't heard anything about this. As a matter of fact, he just filled an order of 40+ Blondes for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no my last name isn't Bandy, It's Bogdan. Thats good to hear about the nicola valley outdoors... I talked to Ron at Kamloops Fly shop that said that. and like i said Outdoor Sports in Kamloops said they changed companies for there flie's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like tying just never tied those but ill have to give it a try.... I could probably make them the proper size and color.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That pattern is a pain in the butt to tie! You're better off buying them. The pattern is distributed by Black's Flies and is one of their most requested dry flies so with that said I can't believe Ron would say they're discontinued. I know he won't deal with Craig Black but.........

·
Registered
383 Posts
That pattern is a pain in the butt to tie! You're better off buying them. The pattern is distributed by Black's Flies and is one of their most requested dry flies so with that said I can't believe Ron would say they're discontinued. I know he won't deal with Craig Black but.........
Hey John ... are you saying you will tie a bunch up for sale? I will take 10 if so ...

You are right about them being a pain to tie...

·
Registered
108 Posts
There are some flys we call "buyers", even though we like to tie.

Cali blonds and deer hair gomphus are two that pop into my head.

As for their availability can't help there I am nowhere near any fly shops.

MY in surrey will do mail orders, I am sure they could send you a bunch in a couple days. Better yet stop by Nicola Valley Outdoors and see Fred he is a great guy to deal with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts