BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to fish with "Finslap" and his father-in-law yesterday...good weather,great company ,wonderful experience on the Stamp River...and yes Dry Fly worked as well as my fav' Double Bead Stone fly...
Love to share this pic with you all...
C

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice little bow you got there, good to here someones been having a good time fishing the rivers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My wife says my smile in fishing pictures is bigger then on our wedding day! LOL

I really have to tip my hat to Salar for an amazing day. I've never hired a guide before but knew that if I went it alone, it would take alot longer to find fish versus a guided trip. I only had a week in Parksville so I wanted to up the chances ;)

The day started at 5AM at Nile Creek Fly shop, yes... 5AM! Salar doesn't mess around and in the end we were much better off for it. We hit the Port Alberni Timmy's and then it was up the gravel to the first spot. Beautiful water, apparently a bit high and fast, but hit the first bow on a stone nymph. Down further to another run and hit the second one on a big dry attractor. Total rush! Missed a couple of hits and failed to entice the big guy in the run. I was in heaven, casting to every fishy looking piece of water, and there was alot of it. All the while Salar was workin with my father in law trying to get him into one. He had a couple on but failed to convert. You could see he was getting discouraged. So we packed it up and headed back to fish another smaller river and I could tell that Salar was determined to get him into a fish. And sure enough he got him into a couple before it was time to head for home.

We had such a awesome time fishing, hearing great fishy stories and history of the area... I couldn't imagine a better day on the water. Thanks again Courtney!

r

1 - 4 of 4 Posts