BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, what nice new fishing toys did you get for X-mas?
I pretty much have everything but did get a pair of Dan Bailey waders as a back up to my G3s, Dec Hogan signed book, fly line winder, simms wickaway mock..and a rod of my choice from my girlfriend :D
Thats all i can think at the moment but probably missed a few things :D

G

·
Nice!...I was hoping for a new spey rod this year, but I think santa wanted it for himself instead. I did get some cool stuff this year, but no new fishing goodies.

Finder;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fishing related gifts included Gary LaFontaine's book "caddisflies" and a new Tulli chest pack. I still have one more to go pick up yet. I am thinking about replacing my worn out jacket with a newer one...though one never knows what catches one's eye when they walk into a store with spending on the brain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
no new fly gear
but money to get some new wader boots
waiting for the sales
have to sort out my fishing gear as just moved into the new house
most of it is still in boxes
just got a new computer\ fly tying desk
need to get them steelie flies tied for Feb
so next day off will be setting up my gear(told the wife i would work on the house)

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
toys and stuff

well,some new socks, a fleece vest,a beautiful Hardy Gem Mk 2, 11/12 allwater reel for my new Snowbee 14'-9/10 Two Hander and a huge bill. My tummy is still sore from all the sweets and I am off to drift the Stamp River tomorrow ...Swinging sweet Intruders,Popsicles and big Leeches...on the top end so there won't be too much traffic and few :mad: Jet boats . Perhaps the water will be better for the fly...lower that 4 days ago..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered but not yet here...RB Meiser 16' 6/7/8 spey rod. Sold a couple rods with some Christmas $$$ so I'm thinking of a late present...Bellinger spey reel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sneaky (sweet) wife got me my first spey rod. I had been looking on ebay and spotted this beautiful old spey rod in Sept, she said "no bloody way we can't afford that". Well that was the one she got me for xmas, bless her. The rod was made by Geo. Wilkins & Son of Redditch England and is a 12.5 ft 8/9 wt with red agate tip tip and first guide. It's fiberglass and is wrapped every 1.5 inches, like old bamboo rods. It has never had a reel mounted on it. It's beautiful. I still can't get the grin off my face. Now to get up the guts to use it.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts