BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I will be looking for a new truck soon.
On saturday while enroute to Kelowna to move my sister, I wrote off my truck.
My wife is banged up and hurting, and I have a stiff neck and back.
But we are alive and the truck can be replaced.
Seems some bozo decoded to stop and tell a tow truck driver that was attending an accident that there was another truck off the road back up the highway.The thing is, he stopped on the highway to do so.Well this young guy from Nevada comes around the corner and panics, hits the binders and slams into the tow truck. While the young guy is sliding into the wrecker, the first guy leaves the scene.
Now young guy is in shock and the tow truck driver is yelling at him to move his p/u off the road. Just as he starts to move a semi- comes around the corner and starts sliding into the whole mess. Young guy gets his truck out just in time and semi- stops 3 feet short of tow truck. At this point another semi- is making its way around the first one.
Guess what happens next!
I come around the corner and there is nowhere to go.
Almost made it to. Tried to get up to the high side and get above the first truck as the second one was clear by this time.But my truck had other plans.
Peeled the outer passenger fender off. Buckled the roof. Hood is done. Bumper is bent.Door is toast from being pushed back by the fender.The door post is damaged as well. The speaker popped out of the dash and the glove box popped open. The ashtray won't close now either.
Lucky, very lucky. The whole thing could have been very messy if we had of hit another foot or so over. I hate to think about it.
Lets all drive safe, there are too many fishing days left that I want to use.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Glad to hear you made it. You can always buy another truck. Another day above ground, you only get given to you. See you on the water on day. G.

G

·
sorry to here about your accident gald to here every body is all right hope you have a speedy recovery and every thing goes well for you

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mucho donairo

Well today my wife and I went and looked at some trucks just for the H, E, double hockysticks of it.
Oyvay.It has been a long time since I looked at new vehicles.
Right out of the question.
I hope ICBC makes me a fair offer soon so I can start looking for my new, used vehicle.
Chevy
Long box
extended cab
4x4
auto
pref on propane.
that was my last truck, and gol dern it, I want another one.
I miss the old girl already.
we were going to drag the old scow out for a run it was so nice today, then reality........ no truck to tow it with. sighhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yikes
sounds like a bit of good reaction on your part saved any serious miss hap to you both
Take time for you both to heal then get a nice truck and enjoy the water
maybe see you out there some time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts