BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out here have a boat they are dreaming of ?
How about custom mods etc.
Right now I have an old SmokerCraft that I highly modified.
'65 SmokerCraft 16'
Reinforced bottom( front half )
Tunnel (measurements stolen from lund )
100 litre built in tank
Stand up side console.
lights,bilge,horn,guage package.
custom built transom.
" gunnel rails
floatation under floor.
82 70 hp merc 40 hrs on fresh rebuild

Amazing what you can do in the driveway when a buddy lends you a welder.
Uncles pitch in some aluminum plate.Another friend throws in some aluminum tubing.A fishing partner helps out with wiring.
Runs like a clock in skinny ditch water.

If all works out I will jumping up to an 18' Wooldridge extra plus. Used but not abused.

Jet boats, I like to call them the 4X4 of the boating world. On account I like to run the boat in water shallow enought to drive my truck through!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't even get me started on big boats. I ride a teeter totter of getting one, not gettting one. I was gonna get one, got married. I was gonna get one, got a house. I was gonna get one, got a kid. I was gonna get one, got another kid. Now I realize that my little 14ft jon boat will get me to most the spots I want, so it will do...........for now.

But if I could, it would be about 20ft long, built to hit logs, with a 383 chev. probably a kodiak pump. with the hull sitting in the 12deg area. and some hard reverse chines.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, I had once thought that I would love to get a pontoon boat, but they do not fit children well. I think that I would like to get myself a stillwater classic by spring creek prams. Not quite in the same price class as yours phearless!

Aww heck, to bump it up a class I would get the electric motor with it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Doesn't have to be a North River, those specs are just what I've decided I like. I also like the outlaw boats, now they can make a tank.

I know most guys are going with the hamilton pumps, but for speed and tune-ability I like the kodiak. I also thought a little procharger supercharger would be nice on top of that stroker. Mind you this is only cause you said we could dream :)

Hey finn, if you think your going to have more than a couple of kids in the boat, my little 14ft jon is a nice option. New cost was $1300 and I've had 5 guys going up river in it, also with the little motor I've got it'll do 32mph, and it rides on top of my truck.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prams and superchargers

I love those Spring Creek prams.
That will be the next lake boat I get.
Probably not for a few years though.

Supercharger eh!
Can you say those things already burn about 15-17 gph.
Yes I said gallons.
That's why you need to take your buddies with you all the time or guide on the side.
$50.00 or more an hour to run those beauties.
There always has to be a little rain under my dream cloud.But I have no problem chipping in for gas for a buddy who has one.They are sooooo much fun though. Kinda the macho thing. I think I almost like em more than Late 60's early 70's muscle cars.

·
Registered
124 Posts
More than a couple....*shudders* no, I think the two we have now will be enough ;)

Until I can save enough for a pram I will likely go on in my float tube, kicking away against the wind. Hopefully by the time the kids are old enough to come along I will have something a little larger for them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jet boating is the bomb. I must agree with phearless, they are the 4x4 of the boating world! as long as you have the proper experience.....

The best looking boats out of the states yet...PRECISION WELD....

My dream boat would be a Precision weld Custom series....
22 feet long, 9 feet wide with a 496ci kodiak jet putting out 425hp! A pig on gas, Hamiliton 241 hydraulic jet pump with a built in scott trim power nozzel= better fuel efficiency, faster plane, and wicked rooster tails!
fixed frame top, air ride seats, sleeper bench seats, anchor winch, high deck, medium size bench rails, spot lights, a built in sound system, reverse chine hull which allows for "better" fuel efficiency, launch rod holders, and teflon on the bottom.

There's just a brief description of my dream jet boat!

Mike
<"))))))><

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.