BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on Vacation from August 25 thru Sept 4th and plan on going north. I want to find some trout in lakes and rivers. I will be in a 4X4 and have a tube and a pontoon boat. May even be towing a 17 foot aluminum boat for the lakes.
I would appreciate any help and advice as to what lakes or areas to go to. I want this to be a memorable fishing trip.
Thanks inadvance to any reponses from any of you guys. It is really appreciated. I wasted a ton of time last year trying to find a good fishing hole up at Ft. St. James area.

G

·
Here's a site that gives a summary of all some of the lakes in the Kamloops area:

http://www.tourismkamloops.com/index.asp?p=44

Better yet is to stop in town, if you are going that far, and to ask at a local fly shop. They'll be willing to tell you what areas are fishing well, especially if you drop some coin in their shop. Looks like you have some time to look around for good spots and together with a boat you could hit some of the bigger lakes. I'm headed up there this weekend and I'll post a report when I get back.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the site info. I do plan on going a lot further north. I am thinking up by Fort St James or over east. Looking for lakes that have low traffic. Someone mentioned Dragon lake but I am thinking it is still to early and to warm for Dragon lake. Have you ever fished it?

I regularly fish Tunkwa, Corbett, Lundboughm, Crane lakes etc. Good lakes but I want to explore new lakes up north.

I would like to hear how you did in the Kamloops area.

Have a nice weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishing trip

I have had a change of plans and we are now going Saturday to Chaunigan Lake in Chilcotin Valley area. Does anyone have any advice on hot flies or areas to fish on this lake? We will be there for 8-9 days. I will try to get pictures and post them when I get back. Thanks for all the help you have given me and any additional help you may give me. It really is appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update on trip

I went to Chaunigan Lake 3 hours outside of Williams Lake. Arrived and had good weather but poor fishing. We could not get anything to bite our flies. Fished two stright days and then left for another lake. We did see a seaplane that had flipped over in the lake. a couple days before we got there. It was flagged and I took some pictures. What a site to look throught the clear water and see the plane upside down in 21 feet of water. Only thing out of the water was the pontoons. No one was doing any good even the guys throwing out haft the junkyard to troll behind their boats.

We ended up at Ross Lake and did great. Had so many fish that we got tired taken them off. Most in the 15-17 inch size. Had a few in the 20-21 inch size. Even hooked a couple of bull trout. Finally left on friday as the place was turning into a zoo for the long labor day weekend.

Hope to get back to Ross Lake one more time before the end of the October.

Tight Lines.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts