BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious about the possibility of a mobile friendly version of the site here. I browse on my phone quite often and I attempted to cruise forums on my phone. From the homepage I tried the forum link and it didn't work on my phone. In the end it's no big deal, I can always bookmark the forum url here but I was just wondering if anyone had thought of making FFBC.com compatible with mobile browsers.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You didn't mention what kind of phone you were using JLJ. Like Rick wrote in his blog and in this forum thread, there is a great little app for the iPhone if that's what you're using. If you're using a Nokia or BB, you're going to have to wait for that version to be released. If you don't have a nokia/BB you'll be restricted to surfing the site through a browser.

To condense a website such as this one into a mobile version takes a lot of work and it could be a full time job for a few weeks, it's that involved. I know how frustrating it was surfing the site on my iPod touch, that's why I told Rick about Tapatalk.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I had taken note of the Tapatalk thread as well, but don't have an iphone

I tried going directly to the url for the forums main page here and it didn't work, has for me in the past on other forums however. No worries though, I spend far too much time on my phone as it is without having this site to entice me onto it more. I appreciate the amount of work it takes to keep this site going and wasn't requesting that a mobile version be created, however awesome that'd be. Thanks anyways for the site, you have my eternal gratitude that it exists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts