BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone been fishing Mike lake lately? I used to fish this lake quite often years ago and caught some nice trout but haven't fished it in quite a few years.

G

·
I fished it last spring and found it to be productive but yielding average sized lower mainland stocked trout in the 10"-12" range. Apparently there's a new dock which has improved the access to the lake which was otherwise muddy and difficult. Once you zero in on "the hole" in the lake it's relatively easy to reel in several trout though they provide little fight nor surprise. But if it's local lower mainland fishing you want, it's as good as any lake especially if you are tubing and don't want to spend all day kicking. This lake receives heavy traffic after stocking and I've found that the fishing improves around a month thereafter as the fish have relaxed and become less wary.

·
Registered
64 Posts
mike lake

I fished it around the end of oct.I was on the water at around 7:30 till 10:30 .Type 1 with a dragon at the hole,I landed aprox 24 fish and missed the take on atleast another 20.There was about 3 of them pushing 18"-20".The lake was busy so I figuerd they stocked it around that time,It was still alot of fun and everyone was happy to see me leave.It is also a lot better to get to the water with the dock in place. :D

G

·
I have fished Mike quite a bit but not this year. Small fish but always productive. Where is the "Hole" that you are referring to as the lake is small?

·
Registered
64 Posts
As you set off from the dock there is a small bay to your left,just in front of it.If I recall its only around 18 ft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts