BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all us lower mainlanders that are addicted to the art of Spey casting for steelhead, what now? With the rivers all high and the Vedder basically done where do we go to our fix? I my self have been doing some trout fishing but I sure miss swinging the fly with the big stick.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the rivers on the Olympic Peninsula or just across the border, Skagit, Sauk, Nooksack I would think some of these river have to be back in shape!

·
Registered
238 Posts
don't know about skagit or sauk but nooksack closed for fishing at the end of feb.
If you have a boat you can try the stave. Chehalis might be ok but not alot of fly water there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been on the phone all morning trying to find out what's going on down south, and so far it isn't looking good! I have about 12 days planned for april down there, hope things calm down, but I won't be holding my breath.

Might have to become a plug fisherman, nothing better in high water apperently!!! YUK!!!

I'll keep you all posted, as I'll be checking in down there evry couple days until the end of the month.

Fingers crossed!!
Erik

·
Registered
58 Posts
lower mainland spey opportunities

Holy,
Here's me just about to get on a plane with a dozen Double-handed rods, and now you tell me the fishing is no good, just as well i got some single-handers with me.
Surely the sun will shine and the beer will be cold to make up for it.:)
Gordon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Gordon, don't let me discourage you!:p Alot can happen over a few days. I'm probably a little more picky about conditions, being blessed with living so close to all these great systems!:D Who are you going to fish with while your here? And where?

Erik

·
Registered
58 Posts
lower mainland spey opportunities

Hi Eric,
This is trip number 19 for me, i'm almost Canadian eh :) , hope to catch up with a load of guy's as i have six weeks in beautiful BC, hope to meet some guy's at a speyclave in BC, then i got to do a School in Calgary before heading down to Oregon for another Speycasting show, but i hope to meet up with some guy's do abit of casting, drinking beer just a chillout thing, got some new toys to take with me.
Hope to meet up with Rick and some of the guy's during my stay, i also want to try out some old style trout flies on a couple of lakes while i;m there, abit of Dapping with big dries (beat my buddy hands down last time), so hope to meet up with quite a few guy's.
Tomorrow i am fishing a really nice beat on the Spey (Tulchan) with a few buddies, 10 mins from my house and the weather is perfect.
Gordon.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Welcome Back

Hello Gordon;
If you get the time we can get out to a few of the Rivers here on the Island ,I still haven't got the Attachmment thing down for this site...was out this Morning and absolutely got dumped on...unfishable..but it looks good for later this week-end...so keeping my fingers crossed..hate to see all these Silver Bright Winter Steelhead Males having an easy go of their breeding in high water...unmolested .
C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts