BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SWAP CLOSED, FLIES DUE ON APRIL 5TH. THAT GIVES EVERYONE 3 WEEKS. I'LL SEND OUT THE MAIL ADDRESS AND MAILING DETAILS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THANKS EVERYONE

Well, with the activity of fly swaps lately, and the style of trout flies covered, I thought I'd add a new one and see if people still had enough left in them for another swap.

Rules and deadlines:

If your interested, tie your favorite leech or micro leech pattern. Size it like you fish it, I'd say no smaller then a 12 and no larger then 6 ( unless your killer patterns requires otherwise ).

I'll leave it open to 8 people, and 3 weeks past the last person registering will be the dealine. ( I'll post the dealine as soon as the last person signs up ).

I'll start us off with...

1) BCBound - Gold bead headed maroon micro leech
2) jdbutula - Black and purple bunny leech **ARRIVED*
3) Blackgivesway2blue - Red rabbit micro leech
4) Coastrider - Black seal egg sucking leech **ARRIVED**
5) Kenj13 - Maroon and black mohair leech **ARRIVED**
6) Tieflier - Black maribou leech **ARRIVED**
7) Andy.larkin - ***ARRIVED**
8) nmullens - **ARRIVED**
9) Brett Sherwood - Purple and black bead head leech **ARRIVED**
10) Grim Realer Gold bead headed green and black mottled leech with crystal flash, size 10. **REMOVED**

Hook: Mustad Wet Nymph Hook Size 8 with Lead Weight
Thread: Maroon
Body: Still Water Maroon Crystal Dub
Rib: Coper Wire
Tail: Black Marabou
Bead: Gold Tungsten

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple of more spots left.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i would love to do this, but my flys are crap and i dont think anyone would want them lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
If by crap you mean they don't look good to people, there are flies that catch fish & flies that catch fishers. If your's catches fish, I'd be pleasedto have one. (You only get better by refining your techneques...tie more flies)

Ken

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree.

If you want to enter by all means, please do, and I would in fact encourage you to. I've only participated in 2 swaps before now, so I'm new to it to. I wasn't sure about my abilities but I felt that I learned a lot as I probably focussed more on the tying then I did before. Not to mention you get to have other peoples flies in your hand to inspect, which helped with understanding technique and ballance. ( ballance being what I struggle with the most I think )

So go for it, pick a fly and fire away.

If you decide to, just post the fly you want to tie and I'll slot you into one of the remaining spots.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got it.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well with Andy and nmullens, that makes 8. It did fill up fast, if no one objects, we can leave it open to say 2 more spots for the weekend, and close it Monday morning regardless of the last 2 spots filling up?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree.

If you want to enter by all means, please do, and I would in fact encourage you to. I've only participated in 2 swaps before now, so I'm new to it to. I wasn't sure about my abilities but I felt that I learned a lot as I probably focussed more on the tying then I did before. Not to mention you get to have other peoples flies in your hand to inspect, which helped with understanding technique and ballance. ( ballance being what I struggle with the most I think )

So go for it, pick a fly and fire away.

If you decide to, just post the fly you want to tie and I'll slot you into one of the remaining spots.
is there still spots open for the flyswap?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts