BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, made it to Kitimat on the weekend. Moved my Dad up there, left Kelowna on Friday and returned home on Monday- factor in the unloading of furniture, assembling shelves, putting stuff away= little time for fishing. Not enough time for a drift, but I did manage to get out for an hour or two twice with the Spey rod. Hooked and battled a couple nice ones between the Hatchery and Methanex on a small bar- lost them both and almost got spooled on the second one. It makes you pucker a bit when you're watching the last 1/3 of your backing peeling off and wondering if that arbour knot would hold! While working the long rod I noticed lots of action along the shore behind me so before leaving I switched up and went to the single hander- landed two nice 2-3 lber's, hooked about 6, missed hooking up on about another 5 strikes all in a half hour. All in all a nice 2 hours on the flow! What a river.

Watched some guys landing in rented "drift boats" that a local is renting. $200 per drift, no guide, in little punts that I'm not sure I'd take out on Okanagan lake! Scary. Can't wait for the week I'll be there in early Septemer!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts