BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, there is a fly on the "sport fishing on the fly" website that I want to try.

Anyways, is there really a difference between the beads I can buy at the bead store and the kind that are called killer caddis beads.

Also I have two children under the age of two, when will I ever fish again. I don't even have 10 minutes to tie a fly. Not complaining, just wondering, can't wait to take them fishing as well.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Most beads are the same with different packaging and most even come from the same factory! As long as the are the same as what your are after, you cant go wrong! Have a boo at the Canadian Llama site, the have piles of beads!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Remember that the beads that come from the bead store usually aren't countersunk, meaning one opening on the bead is larger than the other. That larger opening on one end helps the bead slide up the hook bend so you can get it up to the eye.

As Rick said, you can't go wrong with beads from Canadian Llama!! I've ordered from them and was 110% satisfied with their product.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Remember that the beads that come from the bead store usually aren't countersunk, meaning one opening on the bead is larger than the other.
This is true of metal beads, but you would be hard pressed to find countersunk glass beads at a tackle shop. I get most of my glass beads at a local bead shop in Port Coquitlam. I recently walked into a local tackle shop, and there was the owner sorting silver-lined, orange glass beads from a $2.00 vial of beads (probably 1,000+) from the place I buy them, and putting them into separate packages of 25 priced at $1.99.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for the correction Prof. I don't use glass beads so I was unaware they weren't countersunk. You learn something new everyday :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts