BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July Fly O' the Month: Caddis Nymph/Pupa!! Post your pictures in this thread and they also must be uploaded in this months Fly O' the Month Gallery to qualify for the prize. Click this link to see the new monthly prizes and detials (New Fly Line) available for this contest. Happy tying, lets see those Caddis patterns!

Winner of July's FOTM wins one, of these,

WF5F-TC- XS Two Colour Floating (Ivory/Blue) - [Line Specs]
The original Snowbee two colour, first used by casting instructors and demonstrators world wide, to perfect and demonstrate their art. The best of Snowbee XS standard fly line design with a simple colour enhancement to assist every fly fisher to perfect their technique. Lines provided by Nile Creek Fly Shop.

WF5F-TC.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
bthomas..after seeing your fly, it inspired me to tie a few up..so I looked around at the different ties and put together a little of this and that to create this :..

hope you like it....thanks for the inspiration.........AW

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I let the trout make some crucial adjustments to perfect this fly - it used to be a nice caddis dry, but now it's a case building caddis wet fly. Nearly irresistible at every stage!

Materials:
Size 8 hook
3/0 orange Kevlar thread
Black deer hair tail
Elk hair body and legs

Tying instructions:
Tie up your usual Tom Thumb, but then fish it well past the point of no return - at least a dozen large trout will pass verdict and make the big adjustments, then two dozen or more smaller trout will trim the fine details.

[/url][/IMG]

And I was wondering why it stopped floating... ;) but the fish didn't care in the least. The sad thing is, I think I lost that fly to carelessness - it was stuck in my hat after I took the photo on the river, and I was going to save it for posterity, but it wasn't there when I got home. Perhaps the Fish Gods have it...

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Here's my caddis larva - size 14 scud hook.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Late submission - Bonaparte Caddis

bonaparte caddis.jpg

This one brought more fish to the boat then my leeches and chironomids combined on this years' June trip up in the Bonaparte Plateau

1 - 20 of 22 Posts